Interboro school district to take additional security measures after threats

After receiving suspected threats against Interboro High School and Norwood, school district officials said they were taking more security precautions on Monday.

According to the school district, a “communication” was sent early Sunday morning to all families detailing that messages had been posted on a Facebook page. The messages allegedly mentioned high school and Norwood.

Although officials did not specify the content of the posts, they said they would act out of caution going forward.

According to Bernadette C. Reiley, the superintendent of schools, this incident is not related to school closings in the Southeast Delco school district.

Additionally, officials say this is unrelated to a TikTok challenge that has been on the new one although they haven’t specified which challenge.

“The district is providing you with as much information as possible, to make sure you are aware of the situation and that we are taking precautions to ensure the safety of students and staff in our schools,” officials wrote.

___

DOWNLOAD: FOX 29 NEWS APP | FOX WEATHER AUTHORITY APP 29

SUBSCRIBE: Newsletter Have a nice day | FOX 29 Philly on YouTube

TO FOLLOW: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter



Source link

Susan W. Lloyd