UTILITY OFFERS ADVICE AND SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
December 29, 2021 3:20 a.m.
As restoration work continues after persistent power outages in Douglas County, Pacific Power News offers advice and safety precautions any time the weather could cause a power outage, especially during a extended period.
* Stay away from all downed power lines and utility lines. Even if the lines do not produce sparks, they can still be live and extremely dangerous. Call 911 and report the outage to Pacific Power at 877-508-5088
* Do not drive on downed power lines
* Maintain a safe distance from workers and follow COVID-19 protocols
* Check neighbors, especially those who may need special assistance. Check with those who have electricity, to see if you can visit
* When power is available, keep mobile devices charged so that they can be used in an emergency
* Keep the refrigerator and freezer doors closed. An unopened refrigerator will keep food cool for about 4 hours. A full freezer will maintain the temperature for approximately 48 hours
* When using other heat or cooking sources, allow good ventilation. Never burn charcoal for heating or cooking indoors
* Those using a generator should follow all of the manufacturer’s instructions
Get more information and find out how to report and check outages at: https://www.pacificpower.net/